cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Xu <Xuefei...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: VPG only in VPC VRs?
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 21:25:08 GMT
VPC VR doesn't have remote access VPN and public IP based firewall.

Anthony

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus Sorensen [mailto:shadowsor@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 12:31 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: jeffrey.mcgovern@sungard.com
Subject: Re: VPG only in VPC VRs?

I agree with Chiradeep, but it brings up a point that in some future release we probably need
to convert/migrate existing VR/isolated network combos into VPCs so we can deprecate them
entirely, as well as migrate the applicable api calls into creating the functionally equivalent
VPCs... or something like that.

I think VPC is probably also lacking in a few features yet, so they're not quite a replacement
at the moment. Remote access VPN for example.