cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Soheil Eizadi <seiz...@infoblox.com>
Subject RE: Quick Question about System VM problem
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 17:30:14 GMT
I seem to remember that the command line options were different and there are calls had explicit
hard coded path to /usr/bin/vhd-util that were failing if I placed the new vhd-util in that
location. When we bring a new XenServer online and download to /opt/xensource, I don't think
we remove the old vhd-util, so I thought this was by design meant to work this way.
-Soheil
From: Sanjay Tripathi [sanjay.tripathi@citrix.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 11:36 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: Quick Question about System VM problem

I don't think you need two versions of vhd-util. If you are adding new XenServer host, just
you need to copy the existing vhd-util from /usr/sbin to its correct locations and it works
fine.

Can you share what are the issues you are getting if you use the existing vhd-util in XenServer
host.

--Sanjay