cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 (second round)
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 15:46:24 GMT

On 08/27/2013 05:20 PM, Chip Childers wrote:

>>> I notice Edison's fix is missing although it is on 4.2. Is this
>>> intended?
>>>
>>   [Animesh>] Edison checked it in after I cut the RC and I did not receive any
request for him to pick this fix. The fix seems like a trial and best to be verified. I will
continue with this RC.

> Animesh,
>
> I personally don't think that we are in a position for this second
> round.  There are a few outstanding threads (Wido's last cherry-pick
> request is an example) that seem like they need to be sorted before we
> go again.

I was about to vote -1 due to the bug I encountered.

I personally have the feeling 4.2 isn't ready yet and it needs some more
ironing to squash more bugs and more testing.

If QA came up with bugs just last week, how we can release now? I
haven't been able to do all the testing I wanted.

Wido