cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "SuichII, Christopher" <Chris.Su...@netapp.com>
Subject Re: MS fails to start due - Incorrect code version
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:34:54 GMT
Actually, this ended up being my fault. It was another problem related to my endeavors to hot
deploy an API plugin. Ultimately it was a problem because parts of CS were being bundled in
my jar due to a bad maven package command, so the version in the jar was my java version.

This is one of the many gotchas that I should be writing up at some point about hot deploying
API plugins in CloudStack.

Sorry for bothering everyone over something that was my fault. =)

--
Chris Suich
chris.suich@netapp.com

On Aug 20, 2013, at 6:53 PM, Toshiaki Hatano <toshiaki.hatano@verio.net> wrote:

> It looks chicken and egg situation.
>
> Bean injection requires 4.3 upgraded database.
> DB upgrade process executed by DatabaseUpgradeChecker runs after bean injection.
>

> At least I found a workaround, upgrade DB by hand like below.
>
> $ cloudstack-setup-databases cloud:cloud@localhost --deploy-as root
> $ cloudstack-setup-management
> $ service cloudstack-management stop
> $ mysql -u root cloud < setup/db/db/schema-40to410.sql
> $ mysql -u root cloud < setup/db/db/schema-40to410-cleanup.sql
> $ mysql -u root cloud < setup/db/db/schema-410to420.sql
> $ mysql -u root cloud < setup/db/db/schema-410to420-cleanup.sql
> $ mysql -u root cloud < setup/db/db/schema-420to430.sql
> $ mysql -u root cloud < setup/db/db/schema-420to430-cleanup.sql
> $ mysql -u root cloud -e 'UPDATE version SET version="4.3.0";'
> $ service cloudstack-management start
>
> I hope it helps.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Toshiaki

there're no 'default_value' column in table 'configuration'.

> The column should be created by schema-420to430.sql.
> So, for some reason, the SQL isn't executed by 'cloud-setup-database'.
>
> --
> Toshiaki

I have been able to deploy with before (b727001f483012012c061e8c352c1ebfe7d3fecd) and got
the same result.
> On Aug 20, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Prasanna Santhanam <tsp@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> What's your HEAD? I'm on 3a29c734475184cf28135acaca271fea1c90554a and
>> don't see a problm starting up the server. I haven't configured my
>> zones/pods etc. Also I started with a fresh DB.
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 01:47:50PM +0000, SuichII, Christopher wrote:
>>> Master.
>>>
>>> Then, after commenting out the offending code, rebuilding, redeploying the db
and rerunning, this exception is thrown when attempting to start the MS:

>>> ERROR [o.s.w.c.ContextLoader] (main:null) Context initialization
>>> failed
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean
with name 'dataMotionServiceImpl': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception
is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: java.util.List
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.motion.DataMotionServiceImpl.strategies; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ancientDataMotionStrategy':
Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Could not autowire field: org.apache.cloudstack.engine.subsystem.api.storage.StorageCacheManager
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.motion.AncientDataMotionStrategy.cacheMgr; nested exception
is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name
'storageCacheManagerImpl': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: org.apache.cloudstack.storage.cache.manager.StorageCacheReplacementAlgorithm
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.cache.manager.StorageCacheManagerImpl.cacheReplacementAlgorithm;
nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
bean with name 'StorageCacheReplacementAlgorithm': Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: DB Exception on: com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4PreparedStatement@29f9aaf0:
SELECT configuration.instance, configuration.component, configuration.name, configuration.value,
configuration.default_value, configuration.description, configuration.category, configuration.is_dynamic,
configuration.scope, configuration.updated FROM configuration WHERE configuration.name = _binary'storage.cache.replacement.lru.interval'
 ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 1
> [...]
>>> 	at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>>> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:152)
>>> 	at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>>> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130)
>>> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:224)
>>> 	at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
>>> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginServer.start(Jetty6PluginServer.java:132)
>>> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(AbstractJettyMojo.java:454)
>>> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.execute(AbstractJettyMojo.java:396)
>>> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyRunMojo.execute(AbstractJettyRunMojo.java:210)
>>> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6RunMojo.execute(Jetty6RunMojo.java:184)
>>> 	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
>>> 	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
>>> 	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
>>> 	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
>>> 	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
>>> 	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
>>> 	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
>>> 	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
>>> 	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
>>> 	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
>>> 	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:537)
>>> 	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:196)
>>> 	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:141)
>>> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>>> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
>>> 	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
>>> 	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
>>> 	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
>>> 	at
>>> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:
>>> 352) On Aug 20, 2013, at 9:41 AM, Chip Childers
>>> <chip.childers@sungard.com>

>> --
>> Prasanna.,

>> Powered by BigRock.com
>>

> This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been sent, and
may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended
recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute,
or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Verio Inc. makes no
warranty that this email is error or virus free.  Thank you.