cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Toshiaki Hatano" <toshiaki.hat...@verio.net>
Subject RE: Did we already started developing support VxLAN?
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 00:48:01 GMT
Hello Mr. 曹,

I'm currently working on VXLAN specifically to KVM with Linux Bridge (not OVS) and Multicast
mode.
I think some network plugin also supports (or will support) VXLAN as tunneling protocol.

For what environment (KVM, Xen, VMware (Nexus 1kV maybe?), etc.) and which type of VXLAN (Multicast
mode/Unicast mode)  are you planning to develop?

Sincerely,
--
Toshiaki

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nalley [mailto:david@gnsa.us]
Sent: 2013/08/12 (月) 10:40
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Did we already started developing support VxLAN?

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 9:44 AM, 曹建林 <caojianlin@outlook.com> wrote:

>  Hi guys
>
>  My company has a project to delivery support of VxLAN network , using CloudStack.
> I know the version 4.x does not support vxlan.
> So I wonder what the plan to support vxlan network .
>
> We have a team about 5 guys in charge of developing the feature,
>
> So  if there is anybody in this thing . please send me email , thank you very much.

Toshiaki from Verio has been working on VXLAN in KVM.
You can see his patch here:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/12623/

I'm sure he'd welcome help.

--David

This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been sent, and may
contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended
recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute,
or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Verio Inc. makes no
warranty that this email is error or virus free.  Thank you.

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/mixed (inline, 7-Bit, 0 bytes)
View raw message