cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Kelcey Jamison Damage <kel...@backbonetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Easiest Way...
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 19:53:43 GMT
I was mainly trying to point out that ACS has the tools to meet almost any architectural desires,
and that perhaps your selection of BASIC zone is not the best match for what you are trying
to accomplish.

It might be advantageous to build out a second zone to explore the correct services needed
to accomplish your goals without hacking which obviously can lead to instability.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maurice Lawler" <maurice.lawler@me.com>
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 12:48:00 PM
Subject: Re: Easiest Way...

I recall it being fairly simple, by adding / removing a rule from the ebtables, so my method
of thinking isn't to complex, I was hoping someone on the list could point me in the right
direction.

On Aug 16, 2013, at 3:41 PM, Kelcey Jamison Damage <kelcey@backbonetechnology.com> wrote:

> Ok so this would make it very difficult to achieve. With Advanced zones you have the
flexibility to make some of this stuff work. Basic was not intended for this purpose. Advanced
zone with SG enabled would give you the tools needed to accomplish your goal.

> Also if the secondary subnet is NOT for legacy systems support, then the VPC service
would work as well.

the ebtables, but I cannot recall how to do this. Yes, this secondary subnet requires it's
own gateway.