cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ACS42] KVM upgrade path to 4.2
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:51:53 GMT
Hi Edison,

I've just added these steps to the doc bug that was linked to the
it at CLOUDSTACK-4550

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 12:04:51AM +0000, Edison Su wrote:
> There is a bug related to KVM upgrade: CLOUDSTACK-4405. The main issue is related to
guest network bridge name schema is changed, thus migrate vm, create new vm will have problem
after upgraded to 4.2.
> If you are using basic network, then don't need to do the following steps.
> The proposed upgrade paths are:
> 1. Stick to old network name in 4.2. You can set "network.bridge.name.schema=3.0" in
/etc/cloudstack/agent/agent.properties
> 2. Upgrade to new network name schema, need to do the following steps:
>       a. Install 4.2 cloudstack agent on each kvm host
>       b. Run "cloudstack-agent-upgrade". This script will upgrade all the existing bridge
name to new bridge name.
>       c. install a libvirt hook:
>            c1. mkdir /etc/libvirt/hooks
>            c2. cp /usr/share/cloudstack-agent/lib/libvirtqemuhook /etc/libvirt/hooks/qemu
>            c3. chmod +x /etc/libvirt/hooks/qemu
>            c4. service libvirtd restart
>            c5. service cloudstack-agent restart
> The potential issues if you are using above upgrade path 2:
> 1. If you are using multiple physical bridges, other than the one specified in "guest.network.device"
in /etc/cloudstack/agent/agent.properties, then the vm live migration may have problem.
> 2. Advanced zone with security group, wont' work.
> 3. may have old iptables rules left on kvm host, it shouldn't impact guest connectivity
though.

--
Prasanna.,