cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS} Root/Domain Admin user should see ALL vms - based on their permisions
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 18:59:17 GMT
On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 06:54:02PM +0000, Musayev, Ilya wrote:
> This question was asked several times on dev and user mailing list.
>
> I'd like to propose following enhancement and would like to get the community feedback:
>
> Issue:
>
> Root Admin cannot see all VMs under Instance tab when "all" instances are selected. Root
Admin user need to switch between different projects to see more vms. This approach presents
a challenge as there is no single view of all VMs in ALL projects. Same would apply to a domain
admin, he should be able to see all vms in his domain at a glance without looping through
each project.

> Suggested resolution:
>
> Change the behavior of show "all" instances by looping through all projects and showing
the vm names. We would also need to alter the Instance view and append project name column
and append domain/project.

> What do you think?

+1, and I notice that Kirk J opened CLOUDSTACK-4196