cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Selectable UI list view rows
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 19:05:37 GMT
On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 06:48:50PM +0000, SuichII, Christopher wrote:
> It's good to hear there is a demand for this. However, this is something that we could
really use in our integrations targeted for 4.3. I have some spare cycles planned for contributing
to CloudStack while working on our integrations  if you're interested in talking more either
online or off about your plans for implementation.

> I know I'm not as knowledgeable about the UI codebase, but I think I've got an idea about
how to put this into listview.js with minimal impact and make it generic/reusable from the
start. If I began working on it, I could test it against the list views that we would want
to see it on within our plugin and work more closely with you when you have the bandwidth.

> -Chris

Awesome Chris, thanks for stepping up and volunteering.  Brian,
anything you can do to give him a jumpstart would rock.

release (hopefully the next one if I have the bandwidth). See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1579

> This will require a good deal of refactoring of existing code to support though, so to
start it will probably be implemented on 1-2 sections; most likely instances and events/alerts
which is where it is requested the most.

> -Brian

With this, users could check individual rows of a list view to perform some action on a subset
of the list. When one or more row is selected, the list of actions at the top of the list
view would be filtered to only those which can be performed on the selected rows. Additionally,
there would be a checkbox in the header of the list view which would allow the user to quickly
select/unselect all items in the list.