cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Burwell <jburw...@basho.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS/PROPOSAL] Upgrading Driver Model
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 03:16:33 GMT
Prasanna,

Generally, Spring configuration files should be packaged in their associated JARs with property
substitution for configurable items (e.g. connection pool min and max sizes).  Unfortunately,
Spring does not allow component wiring to be modified through property files.  Since plugins
are new components, we have to expose the underlying Spring configuration files to allow plugins
to be loaded.  I think our current approach was a solid pragmatic step forward -- a nice midpoint
between nothing and a complete driver/plugin model.

Thanks,
-John