cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Vijayendra Bhamidipati <vijayendra.bhamidip...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: deploydb jdbc/mysql connector error?
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 20:41:08 GMT
Thanks Ian! I'll give that a try.

Regards,
Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Duffy [mailto:ian@ianduffy.ie] 
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 1:27 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: deploydb jdbc/mysql connector error?

1f64354ec830db6e30c17ec6e4a6d8c33f2e10da few days old.

On 29 July 2013 21:20, Vijayendra Bhamidipati <vijayendra.bhamidipati@citrix.com> wrote:
> I see! What commit # are you on? I'd rather use the same one to get by for now until
this is fixed.
>
> Regards,
> Vijay
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ian Duffy [mailto:ian@ianduffy.ie]
> Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 1:16 PM
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: Re: deploydb jdbc/mysql connector error?
>
> I'm having this issue too when trying to do deploydb on master. Its working fine on a
slightly older branch.
>
> On 29 July 2013 20:53, Vijayendra Bhamidipati <vijayendra.bhamidipati@citrix.com>
wrote:
>> Prachi and I had a look at this, I should have pasted the entire output of the deploydb
command - in Prachi's env we see that the mysql-connector.jar is getting copied over to the
deps/ directory, but I see this warning in the beginning when I run deploydb:
>>
>>
>> [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective 
>> model for org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-api:jar:4.2.0-SNAPSHOT
>> [WARNING]
>> 'dependencyManagement.dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:typ
>> e :classifier)' must be unique: mysql:mysql-connector-java:jar -> 
>> duplicate declaration of version ${cs.mysql.version} @ 
>> org.apache.cloudstack:cloudstack:4.2.0-SNAPSHOT,
>> /root/mywork/cloudstack/asf/latest/cloudstack/pom.xml, line 278, 
>> column 19 [WARNING] [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while 
>> building the effective model for 
>> org.apache.cloudstack:cloudstack:pom:4.2.0-SNAPSHOT
>> [WARNING]
>> 'dependencyManagement.dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:typ
>> e :classifier)' must be unique: mysql:mysql-connector-java:jar -> 
>> duplicate declaration of version ${cs.mysql.version} @ line 278, column 19 [WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability
of your build.
>> [WARNING]
>> [WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building
such malformed projects.
>> [WARNING]
>>
>>
>> Any idea why this is happening?
>>
>>
>> The complete output is pasted below:
>>
>> [root@vijay-vm1 cloudstack]# mvn -e -P developer -pl developer 
>> -Ddeploydb Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8787 [INFO] 
>> Error stacktraces are turned on.
>> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
>> [WARNING]
>> [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective 
>> model for org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-api:jar:4.2.0-SNAPSHOT
>> [WARNING]
>> 'dependencyManagement.dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:typ
>> e :classifier)' must be unique: mysql:mysql-connector-java:jar -> 
>> duplicate declaration of version ${cs.mysql.version} @ 
>> org.apache.cloudstack:cloudstack:4.2.0-SNAPSHOT,
>> /root/mywork/cloudstack/asf/latest/cloudstack/pom.xml, line 278, 
>> column 19 [WARNING] [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while 
>> building the effective model for 
>> org.apache.cloudstack:cloudstack:pom:4.2.0-SNAPSHOT
>> [WARNING]
>> 'dependencyManagement.dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:typ
>> e :classifier)' must be unique: mysql:mysql-connector-java:jar -> 
>> duplicate declaration of version ${cs.mysql.version} @ line 278, column 19 [WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability
of your build.
>> [WARNING]
>> [WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building
such malformed projects.
>> [WARNING]
>> [INFO]
>> [INFO]
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> -
>> -- [INFO] Building Apache CloudStack Developer Mode 4.2.0-SNAPSHOT 
>> [INFO]
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> -
>> --
>> [INFO]
>> [INFO] --- 
>> properties-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-2:read-project-properties
>> (default) @ cloud-developer --- [INFO] [INFO] --- 
>> maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.3:process (default) @ cloud-developer
>> --- [INFO] [INFO] --- maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (default) @ 
>> cloud-developer --- [INFO] Executing tasks
>>
>> main:
>> [INFO] Executed tasks
>> [INFO]
>> [INFO] >>> exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:java (create-schema) @ 
>> cloud-developer >>> [INFO] [INFO] <<< exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:java
>> (create-schema) @ cloud-developer <<< [INFO] [INFO] --- 
>> exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:java (create-schema) @ cloud-developer --- 
>> log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.springframework.core.env.StandardEnvironment).
>> log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
>> log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.
>> ========> WARNING: Provided file does not exist:
>> /root/mywork/cloudstack/asf/latest/cloudstack/developer/developer-pre
>> f ill.sql.override ========> Initializing database=cloud with 
>> host=localhost port=3306 username=cloud password=cloud ============> 
>> Running query: drop database if exists `cloud` SQL exception in 
>> trying
>> initDB: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for 
>> jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/
>> [root@vijay-vm1 cloudstack]#
>>
>>
>> Regards,
>> Vijay
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Vijayendra Bhamidipati
>> [mailto:vijayendra.bhamidipati@citrix.com]
>> Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 12:32 PM
>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>> Subject: deploydb jdbc/mysql connector error?
>>
>> After rebasing my code against the latest master/4.2, I'm running into this error
when doing a " mvn -e -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb " across master and 4.2 :
>>
>> ========> WARNING: Provided file does not exist:
>> /root/mywork/cloudstack/asf/latest/cloudstack/developer/developer-pre
>> f ill.sql.override ========> Initializing database=cloud with 
>> host=localhost port=3306 username=cloud password=cloud ============> 
>> Running query: drop database if exists `cloud` SQL exception in 
>> trying
>> initDB: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for 
>> jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/
>> [root@vijay-vm1 cloudstack]#
>>
>>
>> Is anyone else also seeing this? If not, has anyone seen this and can suggest a resolution??
>>
>> I tried the operation on a clean new workspace and still see this error. I don't
think it has anything to do with any recent checkin - something must've changed in my setup,
but again I didn't do anything out of the ordinary.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Regards,
>> Vijay
Mime
View raw message