cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Abhishek Lahiri <lahiris...@gmail.com>
Subject Generate single rpm quickly (cloudstack-agent)
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 17:42:43 GMT
Hi,

I am attempting to make a simple change in the
cloudstack/dist/rpmbuild/SOURCES/cloudstack-4.2.0-SNAPSHOT/python/lib/cloudutils/utilities.py
script , so that the cloudstack-setup-agent script does not throw an error
and exit if it cannot fine /dev/kvm (usage scenario - running cloudstack
inside a running vm). Anyway the change is trivial , but after I make the
change I have to run cloudstack/packaging/centos63/package.sh which takes a
very long time to complete and generate the rpms under
cloudstack/dist/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64. Is there any way I can speed up this
process? I just need to generate the
cloudstack-agent-4.2.0-SNAPSHOT.el6.x86_64.rpm package everytime I make
some change to the utilities.py script.  This will save me a lot of time.

Thanks
AL