cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <bhais...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ACS development
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 14:11:15 GMT
Hey CK,

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 7:21 PM, CK <cloudwizz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am new to ACS development and intend on using DevCloud2 as my self
> contained dev+test environment. I have the management server running in
> VirtualBox and have browsed the ACS website/wiki and not found answers to
> the following questions and hope you can help:
>
> 1) Where can I find the management-server log in DevCloud2?

Since you're running the mgmt server in VirtualBox, it would be in the src
directory from where you've built ACS and running it.

2) What is the 192.168.56.1 IP used for and where is it set?

For DevCloud2 we're using host-only interface which is a virtual network
device created by VBox which has this IP. If you want to have some other
IP/network you can do so using VBox's network preference. In such case
you're also have to reconfigure the ethernet interface on DevCloud2 as well.

> 3) By default the 'host' configuration parameter in DevCloud2 is set to
> 192.168.56.1, why is this? I would expect it to be set to 192.168.56.10

Yes, the default/assumed use case is that you're developing on your host OS
(so 56.1) and using some IDE etc. to debug etc. that's why the default host
value is 56.1. You can change it and restart mgmt server or use/fix in the
sql/jsons in tools/devcloud etc.

> 4) How do I start the Cloud_Usage service (does it need to be built first,
> if so how)?

There's a wiki on it, could you try to search I don't remember now. Or if
it's missing Kishan can give us pointers.

> 5) How do I access/read from the ACS Event Bus? Is there any sample code to
> do this - in python ideally?

AFAIK ACS uses RabbitMQ for the messaging middleware. You can use any AMQP
lib, I would suggest using pika for Python with which you can easily write
consumers of the event bus (queue). Search the wiki for the nitty gritty
details on the routing keys, exchanges etc. on how to use the event bus.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.