cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <bhais...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CloudMonkey using user / password authentication
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 20:28:42 GMT
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM, Donal Lafferty
<donal.lafferty@citrix.com>wrote:

> Any plans to allow CloudMonkey make API requests authenticated with
> username / password?

+1 submit/apply a patch :)

Btw, you can setup keys using the CLI itself, using port 8096 call the
generate keys api on your username/id/domain and list your username | grep
api and secret keys and use those on port 8080 :)

Adding such feature may hide the api and secret key concepts of ACS, we
want to explicitly tell people that there is a token/key based auth in ACS
they should use. User/Password may not be that secure, also
username/password would be eventually used to get those keys, storing them
within config in plain text is something I wanted to avoid in the first
place when I wrote the initial version.

Cheers.