cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject database connection resilience
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2013 06:35:37 GMT
I've noticed that the cloudstack management server creates persistent
connections to the database, and crashes if the database connection is
lost. I haven't looked at the code yet, but I was wondering if anyone
knew about what was going on here, if it's simply not set up to
gracefully handle reconnect, or something else.  We have a
multi-master database setup, but cloudstack doesn't take advantage of
it since it doesn't attempt graceful reconnect, if the particular node
it connected to on startup goes down, it simply crashes.