cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Adding git commit ids to our packaging...
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 13:48:12 GMT
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
> Will work on making it nicer but do we want to put this information into release?  Is
there any harm to have this in the release build?  I can't think of any off-hand.  If we don't
want them, we can change build_asf.sh to  set those two variables to something nicer.  If
we want them, I might be able to get it to read this information from a file instead.

> --Alex

Thanks for putting the work in to get this done.
I agree - no harm in having this in the release build, and could be
very useful to boot.
I personally would like to see this information, present - setting it
at tarball creation makes sense to me.

--David