cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Syed Mushtaq <syed1.mush...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to start secondary storage in DevCloud
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2013 22:27:11 GMT
Thanks for the response Tariq. I tried to setup DevCould on a different
system and it worked there with the overprovisioning settings. My laptop
has a 32-bit OS so that may be an issue. I will try reinstalling the OS in
my laptop and try again. Thanks for your help.




On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Tariq Iqbal <tariq.iqbal@shapeblue.com>wrote:

> Syed,
>
> The Console Proxy VM is also a system VM and presents a console view for a
> VM instance via the web UI. With it being a DevCloud, if you don't need to
> use the console proxy then you can set the maximum number of console proxy
> vms to 0 under Global Settings.
>
> Btw have you followed step 8 to deploy the DevCloud configuration from:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/DevCloud?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Tariq Iqbal
> Senior Consultant
>
> S: +44(0)20 3603 0540 | M: +44(0)790 9911600
> tariq.iqbal@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeBlue
>
> ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS
>
>
> ________________________________________
> From: Syed
> Sent: 09 July 2013 15:10
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Cc: Tariq Iqbal
> Subject: Re: Unable to start secondary storage in DevCloud
>
> Thanks for your reply Tariq. I fiddled around with the settings a bit
> but the problem still persisted. I then saw that the primary storage
> was scoped for the HOST instead of CLUSTER or ZONE. I added one more
> primary storage and then restarted management server and the secondary
> storage came up. Though I do not know if it was the combination of the
> over-provisioning settings and adding primary storage. But still that
> is some progress :) I am now getting a different message of console
> proxy manager not being able to start because of insufficient capacity.
> What does this VM do? Do you have any settings to recommend that I can
> fiddle around and make this VM come up though I do not know what
> exactly this is used for.
>
> Thanks for your help. I was able to get something working.
>
> Thanks
> -Syed
>
>
>
> WARN  [cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:)
> Exception while trying to start console proxy
> com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to
> create a deployment for VM[ConsoleProxy|v-40-VM]Scope=interface
> com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
>         at
>
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:820)
>         at
>
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:557)
>         at
>
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:550)
>         at
>
> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.startProxy(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:556)
>         at
>
> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.allocCapacity(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:927)
>         at
>
> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:1664)
>         at
>
> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:157)
>         at
> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.loadScan(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:111)
>         at
> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.access$100(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:33)
>         at
> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.reallyRun(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:81)
>         at
> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.run(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:72)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:351)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:178)
>         at
>
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
>         at
>
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
>         at
>
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>         at
>
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
>
>
>
> On Tue 09 Jul 2013 09:12:14 AM EDT, Tariq Iqbal wrote:
> > Hi Syed,
> >
> > You could try increasing the overprovisiong factor for storage
> (storage.overprovisioning.factor). You'll find it under Global Settings ->
> search for 'factor'
> >
> > storage.overprovisioning.factor
> >
> > There is also the CPU and Memory over provisioning factors there as well.
> >
> > Once you change any of these settings, you will need to restart the
> cloudstack managemeent service for the changes to take affect.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > Tariq Iqbal
> > Senior Consultant
> >
> > S: +44(0)20 3603 0540 | M: +44(0)790 9911600
> > tariq.iqbal@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeBlue
> >
> > ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS
> >
> >
> > ________________________________________
> > From: Syed Mushtaq
> > Sent: 09 July 2013 04:42
> > To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> > Subject: Unable to start secondary storage in DevCloud
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was trying to setup DevCloud by following
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/DevCloud on my
> > ubuntu machine. I have the xenserver vm running and I see that the
> > secondary storage is being exported as NFS and I am able to mount it on
> the
> > host machine. However it is not being picked up by cloudstack. I get the
> > InsufficientServerCapacityException exception. I have given 4GB of RAM
> and
> > 4 CPU cores to the VM. Can you guys please help me figure this out? Here
> is
> > the complete stacktrace from the log
> >
> >
> > WARN  [storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:)
> > Exception while trying to start secondary storage vm
> > com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to
> create a
> > deployment for VM[SecondaryStorageVm|s-109-VM]Scope=interface
> > com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
> >      at
> >
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:820)
> >      at
> >
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:557)
> >      at
> >
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:550)
> >      at
> >
> com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.startSecStorageVm(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:260)
> >      at
> >
> com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.allocCapacity(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:683)
> >      at
> >
> com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.expandPool(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:1290)
> >      at
> >
> com.cloud.secstorage.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.scanPool(PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:123)
> >      at
> >
> com.cloud.secstorage.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.scanPool(PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:50)
> >      at
> > com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.loadScan(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:104)
> >      at
> > com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.access$100(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:33)
> >      at
> > com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.reallyRun(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:81)
> >      at
> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.run(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:72)
> >      at
> > java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
> >      at
> >
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:351)
> >      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:178)
> >      at
> >
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
> >      at
> >
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
> >      at
> >
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
> >      at
> >
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> >      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
> > INFO  [storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:)
> > Unable to start secondary storage vm for standby capacity, secStorageVm
> vm
> > Id : 109, will recycle it and start a new one
> >
> >
> > Thanks
> > -Syed
> > This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
> intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any
> views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
> necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you
> are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any
> action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please
> contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.
> Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue
> Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue
> is a registered trademark.
> >
>
>
> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended
> solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or
> opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
> represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the
> intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
> upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
> if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a
> company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is
> operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered
> trademark.
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message