cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nguyen Anh Tu <ng.t...@gmail.com>
Subject [Discuss] Apply rules on Virtual Router
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 13:52:34 GMT
Hi guys,

While working with L3 network services, I found a problem in the process of
applying iptables rules. It currently works not good in my opinion. When
you apply a new rule (eg. StaticNat or Egress rule), Virtual Router backups
old rules and re-apply all of non-revoked rules related to source IP on the
new rule, including this one. It causes a slow, especially when you have a
lot of running rules. When you delete a rule, the process happens in the
same. The deleting rule is marked as "revoked", so it doesn't appear in the
list. I think we should have a better approach.

Any idea?

--

N.g.U.y.e.N.A.n.H.t.U