cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturv...@citrix.com>
Subject [ACS42] Release Status Update: Two weeks to code freeze
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 23:57:45 GMT

Folks

We are now just 2 weeks from ACS 4.2 code freeze on 7/29. For the past week there has been
vibrant activity in filing and fixing issues. 120 new issues were created and 140 issues were
resolved. We managed to contain open defects to less than 400 but  blockers and critical continue
to run up over 100+. For the days remaining to code freeze, lets prioritize fixing blockers
and critical over majors. As from last week in order to clear up our backlog I request you
to help out on aggressively fixing the issues. The unassigned issue list is available at http://s.apache.org/BlH/.
When you fix a bug in 4.2 please make sure it is also fixed in master.

We also had great community effort in closing out resolved issues and in last 7 days we closed
198 resolved issues. The outstanding resolves issues now stand at 471 with 200 blockers and
critical still to be verified. As with fixing issues now we need to focus on blockers and
critical first.

I will spend time this week to go over the major unresolved issues and check if we have potential
critical / blockers that were not prioritized correctly.

The detailed bug status is captured below.

  Bugs            | This Week                            | Last Week

 -----------------+-----------+----------+-------+-------+-----------+----------+-------+-------
                  |   Blocker   Critical   Major   Total |   Blocker   Critical   Major
Total
 -----------------+-----------+----------+-------+-------+-----------+----------+-------+-------
  Incoming        |        31         40      46     120 |         *         *       *
   *
  Outgoing        |        33         38      65     140 |        26         23      34
   86
  Open Unassigned |         6         46     120     226 |         7         49     129
  222
  Open Total      |        30         84     213     388 |        25         84     232
  403

* I had an issue with my query on incoming defects where it was not counting issues that are
resolved and showing much lower results. Fixed now

The status for features or improvement is depicted in table below

|-----------------------------+-----------+-----------|
| New Features / Improvements | Today     | Last Week |
|-----------------------------+-----------+-----------|
| Closed                      |        12 |        10 |
| Resolved                    |        59 |        59 |
| In Progress                 |        10 |        11 |
| Reopened                    |         2 |         1 |
| Ready To Review             |         0 |         1 |
| Open                        |        19 |        20 |
| Total                       |       102 |       102 |

Only few feature tickets were updates since I sent out the Open and In progress item list.
If your contribution did not make it to 4.2 please take it out from 4.2

You can always visit the 4.2 Release dashboard http://s.apache.org/M5k for the current status.

Thanks
Animesh