cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Donal Lafferty <donal.laffe...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [GSOC]cannot add host with the lastest master
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 22:11:33 GMT
Hi Meng,

You may also be having problems with your system VM.  Let me explain:

The issue you see is caused by a change in JSON serialisation that happened in 4.2.

Previously, we recorded an object's type using it's class' simple name.  Now, we are using
the full class name, which include the package.  E.g. the serializer used to write { "StartupRoutingCommand"
: ... }, but now it records {"com.cloud.agent.api.com.cloud.agent.api.StartupRoutingCommand":...}

A lot of code compile against 4.1 will not be able to communicate with the latest management
server.

This means you also have to update your system VM templates.  If you don't, you get an error
like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-3377

Unfortunately, the default download URLs for system VMs are for 4.1.

If you have not already, download the latest system VMs from http://jenkins.cloudstack.org/view/master/job/build-systemvm-master/

Cheers,

DL