cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Xu <Xuefei...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Expanding a volume on a SAN
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 22:01:44 GMT
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX120865

for XenServer, VMs need to be shut down or migrated away before  expanding a volume.

Anthony

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Tutkowski [mailto:mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 2:25 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Edison Su; John Burwell
Subject: Expanding a volume on a SAN

Hi everyone,

I had a question posed to me today regarding how CloudStack and the underlying hypervisor
deal with an iSCSI volume that is expanded.

For example, let's say I'm using XenServer or ESX and I create a storage repository or datastore,
respectively, for each hypervisor based on an iSCSI target. I then tie this into CloudStack
as Primary Storage.

If I increase the size of the iSCSI target (the SAN volume/LUN), does this increased size
feed into the hypervisor and CloudStack?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com