cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] What other "features" or code is sitting around that might be suffering from bit rot?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 22:37:48 GMT

On Jul 10, 2013, at 5:06 PM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 08:44:24PM +0000, Alex Huang wrote:
>> Thanks Chip for starting this thread.
>>
>> I can at least think of the netapp plugin integration as something that was tried
before ASF but no longer tested and used.

> Awesome, that's one.  Any others?

The S3 interface in awsapi ?

>> I'm all for coming up with this list but I don't see how this list can be conclusive.
 The problem that Edison dealt with in swift support is very real.  I'm not trying to make
an excuse for making a unilateral decision to drop support without getting community feedback
first.  That is wrong and I'm glad it's being resolved.  However, without automated testing
backing functionality, we can have different set of these problems pop up every release.
Should we start with only functionalities tested in automated testing to be the supported
feature set and add features back in as more testing is added back in?

>> To that end, how much of 4.0/4.1/4.2 features are actually added to automated testing?
 Or else we can face the same problem with those features too.