cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Burwell <jburw...@basho.com>
Subject Re: Object Store Region Assignment
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 20:31:43 GMT
Chip,

So two regions won't share the same database?

Thanks,
-John

On Jul 19, 2013, at 4:06 PM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 03:46:36PM -0400, John Burwell wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> In reviewing the 4.2 object store enhancements, object stores are defined with region
scope.  However, there is no way to assign an object store definition to a region.  To my
way of thinking, we must be able to assign an object store to a region to avoid transfer of
large assets across WAN links.  Furthermore, it greatly reduces availability of the object
store cluster because the management server/ssvm may attempt to connect to an object store
over a WAN link when co-located instance is available.  Why isn't assignment of an object
store to a region supported?