cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Soheil Eizadi <seiz...@infoblox.com>
Subject RE: Physical Network / Guest Network / Service Offering Interactions for Basic Networking
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 01:41:11 GMT
Thanks for the replies, I posted the message as I was going to fix it and submit a patch but
wanted to know if there were any issues I should be aware of in this area.

Actually the problem is not with ConfigurationServerImpl, but with the call to CreateGuestNetwork().
I am actually a little confused because today I got some cycles to debug this and found that
when I created a bogus zone with a XenServer that did not exist, the wizard ran all the way
and created the defaultGuestNetwork and the Network that got created had a proper service
map! So now I am puzzled why it did not work for the first network I created. I guess I need
to initialize my whole system and see why the first time it did not work properly and report
back. (May be pilot error and it was not set to proper service offering when the wizard was
run.)

I stepped through the NetworkServiceImpl and NetworkManagerImpl logic for CreateGuestNetwork()
and they were all working fine with a NetworkServiceOffering other than the default "defaultSharedSGNetworkOffering",
in my case I create a defaultInfobloxSharedOffering.

Here is the what the service map looks like for the network 225 that was created, I have my
plugin providing DNS service:

mysql> select * from ntwk_service_map;
| id | network_id | service       | provider              | created             |
| 21 |        225 | SecurityGroup | SecurityGroupProvider | 2013-07-30 01:15:08 |
| 22 |        225 | Dns           | Infoblox              | 2013-07-30 01:15:08 |
| 23 |        225 | Dhcp          | VirtualRouter         | 2013-07-30 01:15:08 |
| 24 |        225 | UserData      | VirtualRouter         | 2013-07-30 01:15:08 |
24 rows in set (0.00 sec)