cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Problem in adding Ceph RBD storage to CloudStack
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 10:47:22 GMT
Hi,

On 07/22/2013 12:43 PM, Kimihiko Kitase wrote:
> It seems secondary storage vm could copy template to primary storage successfully, but
created VM doesn't point this vol..
> If we create vm manually and add this vol as boot vol, it works fine..

Which version of CloudStack are you using?

What is the Qemu version running on your hypervisor and what libvirt
version?

If you set the logging level on the Agent to "DEBUG", does it show
deploying the VM with the correct XML parameters?

I haven't seen the things you are reporting.

Wido

> So it seems cloudstack cannot configure VM correctly in ceph rbd environment.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks
> Kimi

and without RBD) were installed to the system. qemu was installed from the package and so
it might have the dependency to the libvirt installed from the package. After deleting the
both libvirt installed from source and package, then installed it from rpm package with RBD
support, RBD storage was registered to the CloudStack successfully.

error like http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cloudstack-users/201303.mbox/%3CD2EE6B3265AD864EB3EA4F5C670D256F3546C1@EXMBX01L-CRP-03.webmdhealth.net%3E
> The uuid in the error message was not in the database of the management server nor in
ceph storage node.

> I tried removing host from the CloudStack and cleaning up the computing node, but it
cannot be added again to the CloudStack.
> agent log says it attempted to connect to localhost:8250 though the management server
address is set to 10.40.1.190 in global settings.