cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Francois Gaudreault <fgaudrea...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: Auto-scaling won't scale down
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 14:37:16 GMT
Chip,
> The reason makes sense technically, since you have 0 usage for the
> environment at that point.  Until there is actual usage, it will never
> trigger a threshold that would cause a scaling event.
>
> Looking at this from a user's perspective, I actually don't see an issue
> with this implementation.  Does anyone know how AWS reacts in this
> scenario?
Fair enough, but I would assume that if you configure the autoscaling
with a minimum instance (say 1), CS should do all the necessary steps to
be able to spin that minimum.  So if the network is not in an
implemented state, CS should make the necessary to put it into an
implemented state.  That's my thoughts as a user ;)

--
Francois Gaudreault
fgaudreault@cloudops.com