cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ACS42] Release Status Update: After Code Freeze Next Steps
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 20:48:46 GMT
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 07:25:14PM +0000, Animesh Chaturvedi wrote:

> Folks code freeze was on 7/29 and starting today we are moving ACS 42 into limited updates
in preparation for RC on 8/19. Code changes are now limited to fixes to blocker and critical
bugs only. I need to follow up on doc and translations.

> There is a tremendous effort going on since last couple of weeks to fix issues found
during the QA cycle. In last week alone 175 new issues were created and 250 were resolved.
The current unresolved issue count stands at 300+ with 60 blocker and critical.

> Given the high number of blocker and critical and that QA is still filing many defects
I will follow what Chip did for 4.1 [1]. Up until when we cut the first RC on (2013-08-19)
committers should continue to check in fixes to 4.2 branch for blocker and critical issues.
Please do any fixes as cleanly as possible (i.e., squash related commits and make sure to
avoid messy merge commits as much as possible).

The best type of commit for keeping things clean is a cherry-pick.
Merging into the release branch is messy to track as the RM.

> For Contributors if you have a fix that needs to go into 4.2, please email the list with
the subject tag [ACS42] and note the review that contains the patch.  I'll pick whichever
I can, but will also rely on others with commit rights to make it efficient.

> I will review all commits going into that branch, and will revert anything that's outside
the scope of that I outlined above (unless there is a discussion and consensus on this list
to include something else).

> There are large number of issues that are resolved but not verified yet. Given that the
number is huge  with over 300 blocker and critical we need to prioritize and verify the ones
that were returned by developers as ( Invalid, Incomplete, CanNotReproduce, Later, NotAProblem)
first.  I have created a filter [2] to facilitate identifying these issues. This is no way
means not to verify other issues but it is to close on the ones that have the most likelihood
of being reopened during verification.