cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shared networks without IP range.
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 09:03:40 GMT
On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 12:27:28PM +0530, Girish Shilamkar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In order to create shared network StartIp/endIp/gateway/netmask are
> required. I am looking at an old test case which creates shared
> network without IP range
> and deploys vm in it. It of course fails as IP range is required
> while creating shared network.

> Has anything related to shared network changed in recent times or
> the test case is just invalid ?

The steps of the test are as follows. If anyone has tested this
scenario and/or know how this works, your input would help resolve the
failure in automated tests:

If not, I'll remove this test as invalid.

# 1. create a shared network using shared network offering but do not  specify startIp/endIp
arguments
# 2. create an account
# 3. deploy a VM in this account using the above network

# Validate the following
# 1. listNetworks should return the created network
# 2. listAccounts to return the created account
# 3. VM deployment should succeed and NIC is in networks address space
# 4. delete the account

--
Prasanna.,