cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Swift in 4.2 is broken, anybody wants it to be supported in 4.2?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 18:35:42 GMT
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 06:13:07PM +0000, Edison Su wrote:
> 1. Add swift back is just one or two days work, plus maybe one or two days, to setup
a swift environment.

Great!

> 3. If we add this feature back, will we test it for each release? Such as adding it into
automate test? Right now, I break this feature, I am pretty sure, it will be broken by other
developers, if we continue adding feature without test.

Then let's test it until such time that we actually agree to deprecate
it (if that ever happens).

> 4.  Claim a feature is supported for each release without test, is worse than saying
not supported a feature. If we want to support a feature, we should test it for each release.
If so, who will want to test this feature?

As stated earlier, we have a user that's volunteered to test it out for
us already.