cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC: Integration - Bring up Embedded LDAP Server
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 10:11:43 GMT
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 10:43:07AM +0100, Ian Duffy wrote:
> > How difficult would it be? If it pollutes the
> > test and makes it complex
>
> I know there that there is a maven plugin that will bring up an
> apacheds server based of flat ldif files:
> http://ldap-maven-plugin.btmatthews.com/. Would it be possible to
> trigger that to startup when cloud-client-ui jetty:run is launched
> with some extra goal to state its for integration test purposes?

Sounds like a good idea if all config is in flat files. Runnable from
maven and can be linked with the checkin tests.

> > If it pollutes the test and makes it complex, we should probably
> > just use a pre-installed instance and point to it.
>
> Wouldn't that be more acceptance level testing? It would mean anybody
> wanting to run the integration tests would require the instance.

Yes - the integration tests are of this nature. Ones with backing
infrastructure. However, since you are only looking at user
provisioning and auth it should be ok to do this test through a maven
profile to setup the ApacheDS. When the tests are run on actual
physical infrastructure I will be setting up the Apache DS instance
that will be static and/or pointing to something like open-ldap.

--
Prasanna.,