cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Auto-scaling won't scale down
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 14:25:58 GMT
On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 10:14:38AM -0400, Francois Gaudreault wrote:
> I am not sure if this is an expected behavior or not. Apparently, if
> the VR is not setup, and you create the autoscale rules, nothing
> will happen until you spin at least one vm in the network.

The reason makes sense technically, since you have 0 usage for the
environment at that point.  Until there is actual usage, it will never
trigger a threshold that would cause a scaling event.

Looking at this from a user's perspective, I actually don't see an issue
with this implementation.  Does anyone know how AWS reacts in this
scenario?