cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Jenkins and IRC
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 16:07:47 GMT
On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 12:05:44PM -0400, John Burwell wrote:
> Prasanna,
>
> I don't think a small namespace will deliver much value.  We are responsible for maintaining
the code base -- even the older code that will eventually be replaced.  I would prefer to
start with a smaller set of rules focused on high priority issues (e.g. lack of proper equals,
hashCode, and toString implementations), fix them across the entire codebase, and then expand
the rule set.  Wash, rinse, repeat until we have a complete rule set and a compliant code
base.

> Thanks,
> -John

Same goal / different paths...  FWIW, I'm with John.  However, someone
needs to propose the initial set of rules.