cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Burwell <jburw...@basho.com>
Subject Re: [CLOUDSTACK-212] [Review Request and Test]
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 20:30:53 GMT
Dharnesh,

I am placing a pre-emptive -1 on this patch merge because I don't feel adequate community
awareness/coordination regarding the impact of this change.  In particular, I want to make
the sure the timing is appropriate since we doing a lot of master->4.2 merges at the moment.
 This patch will increase the difficulty of these merges.  Please email send a [MERGE] email
(e.g. subject "[MERGE] Global Conversion from com.cloud.* to org.apache.*") to the list explaining
the scope of the change in detail and the potential impacts.  Once the community arrives at
a consensus on timing and impacts, I will withdraw my -1.

Thanks,
-John

On Jul 15, 2013, at 4:20 PM, Dharmesh Kakadia <dhkakadia@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have completed the namespace changes to org.apache. A single patch was leaving some
deleted files behind. I tried to figure out the problem for a day, but didn't get any issue.
So I have created 3 different patches and uploaded to the reviewboard (https://reviews.apache.org/r/12198/).

> I have updated the scripts as well as docs(mostly). I have build it with all testcases
and successfully ran management server.

> I will submit whitespace changes patch soon. In mean time if others can test other scripts,
packaging, specific extension etc. Is that required or full test run is good enough ? we can
merge changes on 20th accordingly.