cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From William Jiang <William.Ji...@manwin.com>
Subject any idea about upgrade xenserver 6.0.2 to 6.1 with CloudStack 4.1 management server
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 15:47:03 GMT
Hi,
We just migrated our cloudstack management server (use basic networking) from 3.0.2 to 4.1,
now we want upgrade cloudstack host xenserver from 6.0.2 to 6.1.
We have 4 host servers in the same pool and 30 VMs on it, and we also need migrate them  without
downtime. So we choose xencenter "rolling pool Upgrade" to do that.
I upgraded the xenserver by 6.1 CD, after upgrade and at the first time boot it showed me
error "The XenAPI connection has timed out. This console will have reduced functionality.
If this is a pool slave, the master might be unreachable."
In the xnecenter UI, you will see the server lost connection to it.

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
William

-----Original Message-----
From: William Jiang [mailto:William.Jiang@manwin.com]
Sent: July-15-13 11:38 AM
To: France; users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: any feedback of upgrading cloudstack from 3.0.2 to 4.1 with xenserver 6.0.2 hosts

Hi France and all,
Thanks for the previous response.
We had successfully upgraded our cloudstack from 3.0.2 to 4.1.
Now we want to upgrade our xenserver from 6.0.2 to 6.1.
As we have a xenserver pool with 4 hosts and about 30 VMs, if there is a way that we can live
migrate the xenserver, that means we don't need to unmanage cluster(for my understanding,
unmanage cluster will shutdown/suspend all vms on it but we want them to be running ) or stop
the cloudstack.

Thanks,
William