cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Pushback 4.2.0 Feature Freeze
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 04:33:11 GMT
+1 for freeze request for 1-2 weeks. We've developed advanced password management features
for IsWest  and would like to merge it in as per Claytons approval.


-------- Original message --------
From: Wei ZHOU <ustcweizhou@gmail.com>
Date:
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Pushback 4.2.0 Feature Freeze


-0

Change to -0 as I suggest to wait for the merge of existing review
requests in  days (48 or 72 hours).

-Wei


2013/5/31 Wei ZHOU <ustcweizhou@gmail.com>

> -1
> Almost all new features for 4.2 have been merged or being reviewed.
> From now, we'd better donot accept new feature review requests,and
> create 4.2 branch after committing existed requests in short time.
>
> -Wei
>
> 2013/5/31, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com>:
> > Following our discussion on the proposal to push back the feature freeze
> > date for 4.2.0 [1], we have not yet achieved a clear consensus.  Well...
> > we have already defined the "project rules" for figuring out what to do.
> > In out project by-laws [2], we have defined a "release plan" decision as
> > follows:
> >
> >> 3.4.2. Release Plan
> >>
> >> Defines the timetable and work items for a release. The plan also
> >> nominates a Release Manager.
> >>
> >> A lazy majority of active committers is required for approval.
> >>
> >> Any active committer or PMC member may call a vote. The vote must occur
> >> on a project development mailing list.
> >
> > And our lazy majority is defined as:
> >
> >> 3.2.2. Lazy Majority - A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding  1
> >> votes and more binding  1 votes than binding -1 votes.
> >
> > Our current plan is the starting point, so this VOTE is a vote to change
> > the current plan.  We require a 72 hour window for this vote, so IMO we
> are
> > in an odd position where the feature freeze date is at least extended
> until
> >
> > Tuesday of next week.
> >
> > Our current plan of record for 4.2.0 is at [3].
> >
> > [1] http://markmail.org/message/vi3nsd2yo763kzua
> > [2] http://s.apache.org/csbylaws
> > [3]
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Cloudstack 4.2
> Release
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > I'd like to call a VOTE on the following:
> >
> > Proposal: Extend the feature freeze date for our 4.2.0 feature release
> > from today (2013-05-31) to 2013-06-28.  All other dates following the
> > feature freeze date in the plan would be pushed out 4 weeks as well.
> >
> > Please respond with one of the following:
> >
> >  1 : change the plan as listed above
> >  /-0 : no strong opinion, but leaning   or -
> > -1 : do not change the plan
> >
> > This vote will remain open until Tuesday morning US eastern time.
> >
> > -chip
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message