cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Han,Meng" <meng...@ufl.edu>
Subject [GSOC] cloudstack-agent service and "unable to add host"
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 02:53:47 GMT
Hi all,

In the CloudStack installation guides(both 4.0 and 4.1), it says that
we need to install cloud-agent.
(http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Installation_Guide/hypervisor-kvm-install-flow.html#hypervisor-host-install-agent)

However I could not find this package. Instead I found a directory
named "agent" in the CloudStack master branch.

Is it the same agent? How should I run this agent?
Also it is mentioned here that we should configure a couple of things
after we installed cloud agent
:http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.2/html/Quick_Install_Guide/sect-qig-KVM-Installation.html
What configuration do I need to make to the cloud agent? It seems to me
at least  we should told the agent which bridges the VMs are connected
to. There is a script called "cloud-setup-agent" under the agent
directory. Should we use this to configure the agent?

I have stuck on these question for a couple of days. I seems to grab
pieces from every installation guide I can find to make things through
:(

Also in the network configuration part:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Installation_Guide/hypervisor-kvm-install-flow.html#hypervisor-host-install-network

  We assume that the hypervisor has one NIC (eth0) with three tagged
VLAN's:

     VLAN 100 for management of the hypervisor
     VLAN 200 for public network of the instances (cloudbr0)
     VLAN 300 for private network of the instances (cloudbr1)

I am not allowed to use tagged VLANs on campus, which means my VMs will
not be able to connect to internet. Is there anyway to work around this?
Can we use a "flat" network structure?

If we setup these two bridges: cloudbr0 and cloudbr1, how does the
cloud agent know these two bridges?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Meng