cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Burwell <jburw...@basho.com>
Subject object_store Merge
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 15:57:55 GMT
All,

We had a procedural snafu earlier this week when the object_store branch was merged without
me removing my -1.  Animesh, Edision, Min, and myself discussed this issue Wednesday afternoon,
and it was an honest misunderstanding of the rules.  Edison pushed a review request to the
list that I didn't see.  Since I didn't respond within in 72 hours, he thought lazy consensus
applied and performed the merge.  For this merge, we will leave it in master assuming that
no significant issues will be found when I will review the patch next week.  If I do find
a reason not remove the -1, we will burn that bridge when we come it.

To be clear, once a -1 is lodged against a branch, it can not be merged until that -1 is removed.
 As we have discussed on other threads, those placing a -1 on a merge should work with all
due haste to resolve their issues with the merge requester.  I apologize to Edison for failing
to see the request.

Thanks,
-John