cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com>
Subject tests involving deploying a vm fail
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 16:17:37 GMT
Hi all,

I'm attempting to run the following:

mvn -Pdeveloper,marvin.test -Dmarvin.config=setup/dev/advanced.cfg -pl :cloud-marvin integration-test

from instructions [1]. It seems all tests involving deploying a VM fail for me [2]. I've also
tried running the /smoke/test_deploy_vm.py test in isolation and I get the following:

cloudstackAPIException: Execute cmd: asyncquery failed, due to: {errorcode : 533, errortext
: u'Unable to create a deployment for VM[User|testvm]'}

I've also noticed that if I try manually deploying a VM, it will fail unless I manually create
a "local" disk offering instead of the "shared" types that are available by default.

I'm running the management server on my mac and using devcloud2 running on vbox. This is against
latest 4.2-snapshot code.

Does someone have any pointers on why deploying a VM fails for me?

Thanks,
Shane

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Marvin+-+Testing+with+Python#Marvin-TestingwithPython-
[2] https://gist.github.com/digitalsanctum/5774980