cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Koushik Das <koushik....@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Pushback 4.2.0 Feature Freeze
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 06:32:47 GMT
+0
If proposed features are completed earlier then we shouldn't wait for 4 weeks.

-Koushik

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
> Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 8:30 PM
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: [VOTE] Pushback 4.2.0 Feature Freeze
> 
> Following our discussion on the proposal to push back the feature freeze
> date for 4.2.0 [1], we have not yet achieved a clear consensus.  Well...
> we have already defined the "project rules" for figuring out what to do.
> In out project by-laws [2], we have defined a "release plan" decision as
> follows:
> 
> > 3.4.2. Release Plan
> >
> > Defines the timetable and work items for a release. The plan also
> > nominates a Release Manager.
> >
> > A lazy majority of active committers is required for approval.
> >
> > Any active committer or PMC member may call a vote. The vote must
> > occur on a project development mailing list.
> 
> And our lazy majority is defined as:
> 
> > 3.2.2. Lazy Majority - A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding +1
> > votes and more binding +1 votes than binding -1 votes.
> 
> Our current plan is the starting point, so this VOTE is a vote to change the
> current plan.  We require a 72 hour window for this vote, so IMO we are in an
> odd position where the feature freeze date is at least extended until
> Tuesday of next week.
> 
> Our current plan of record for 4.2.0 is at [3].
> 
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/vi3nsd2yo763kzua
> [2] http://s.apache.org/csbylaws
> [3]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Cloudstack+4.2+
> Release
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> I'd like to call a VOTE on the following:
> 
> Proposal: Extend the feature freeze date for our 4.2.0 feature release from
> today (2013-05-31) to 2013-06-28.  All other dates following the feature
> freeze date in the plan would be pushed out 4 weeks as well.
> 
> Please respond with one of the following:
> 
> +1 : change the plan as listed above
> +/-0 : no strong opinion, but leaning + or -
> -1 : do not change the plan
> 
> This vote will remain open until Tuesday morning US eastern time.
> 
> -chip

Mime
View raw message