cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Federle <Brian.Fede...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: UI Development
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:44:56 GMT
Hi Soheil,

For the most part pretty much any IDE/text editor will work for UI development, as the code
base is pure JS+HTML+CSS. I usually use Firebug for debugging purposes.

For IDEs, I would recommend IntelliJ IDEA, which has the best support for JS, including an
integrated JS debugger. Not too familiar with Eclipse for web dev, though.

Unfortunately UI documentation is a bit sparse right now; I'm in the process of adding more
documentation when I can find time. For now, I would recommend going through the UI plugin
development tutorial and see if it will address your needs for the feature: https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/ui-plugin-tutorial.html.
It goes through setting up a new list view with a set of actions.

-Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Soheil Eizadi [mailto:seizadi@infoblox.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:35 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: UI Development

I did not find any UI development resources on the Wiki. I need to update the UI to support
a new Device. I wanted to know if there is there any recommended tooling for the CloudStack
UI. I was planning to use Eclipse JavaScript Development Tools (JSDT), but wanted to see if
there is any recommended setup also what the recommended debugging environment would look
like?
Thanks,
-Soheil