cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Domain/Account Question
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 20:13:12 GMT
Mike, please see inline.

On 6/25/13 12:34 PM, "Mike Tutkowski" <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a couple quick questions about domains and accounts.
>
>Is the following true?
>
>An account name must be unique within a given domain (here I'm referring
>a domain as either the root domain or a sub-domain).

This is true; no account name duplicates under the same domain as most of
the Apis use account(accountName)/domainId bundle for resources
assignment/listing, not the accountId.

>As far as I understand, resources/virtual objects are owned by accounts,
>right? As an example: If a user creates a volume, that volume is owned by
>his account, right?

Yes, all resources belong to account. User is more like a credential set
in the cloudStack.

>If so, is it possible to change ownership of the
>resource from one account to another?

Its supported just for user Vms; the API is "assignVirtualMachine"