cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Pushback 4.2.0 Feature Freeze
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2013 05:55:15 GMT
+1. I know we are time based, but I worry that the 4.1 delay is a sign that
we've simply got too much to do. 4 weeks seems like a good middle ground
between the 8 weeks lost in 4.1 and no extension at all.
On May 31, 2013 11:37 PM, "Chiradeep Vittal" <Chiradeep.Vittal@citrix.com>
wrote:

> -0
>
> I hope that if it passes, it won't become a habit!
>
> On 5/31/13 8:00 AM, "Chip Childers" <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
>
> >Following our discussion on the proposal to push back the feature freeze
> >date for 4.2.0 [1], we have not yet achieved a clear consensus.  Well...
> >we have already defined the "project rules" for figuring out what to do.
> >In out project by-laws [2], we have defined a "release plan" decision as
> >follows:
> >
> >> 3.4.2. Release Plan
> >>
> >> Defines the timetable and work items for a release. The plan also
> >> nominates a Release Manager.
> >>
> >> A lazy majority of active committers is required for approval.
> >>
> >> Any active committer or PMC member may call a vote. The vote must occur
> >> on a project development mailing list.
> >
> >And our lazy majority is defined as:
> >
> >> 3.2.2. Lazy Majority - A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding +1
> >> votes and more binding +1 votes than binding -1 votes.
> >
> >Our current plan is the starting point, so this VOTE is a vote to change
> >the current plan.  We require a 72 hour window for this vote, so IMO we
> >are
> >in an odd position where the feature freeze date is at least extended
> >until
> >Tuesday of next week.
> >
> >Our current plan of record for 4.2.0 is at [3].
> >
> >[1] http://markmail.org/message/vi3nsd2yo763kzua
> >[2] http://s.apache.org/csbylaws
> >[3]
> >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Cloudstack+4.2+Rele
> >ase
> >
> >----------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >I'd like to call a VOTE on the following:
> >
> >Proposal: Extend the feature freeze date for our 4.2.0 feature release
> >from today (2013-05-31) to 2013-06-28.  All other dates following the
> >feature freeze date in the plan would be pushed out 4 weeks as well.
> >
> >Please respond with one of the following:
> >
> >+1 : change the plan as listed above
> >+/-0 : no strong opinion, but leaning + or -
> >-1 : do not change the plan
> >
> >This vote will remain open until Tuesday morning US eastern time.
> >
> >-chip
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message