cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nguyen Anh Tu <ng.t...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSOC] NullPointerException when deployVM using GRE isolation method. Help me!
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 14:17:26 GMT
Hi forks,

I'm trying OVS tunnel with XCP 1.6 and get error NullPointerException when
executing deployVM.

I found this error starting from the below code.

*NetworkManagerImpl.java*

*NicProfile profile = guru.allocate(network, requested, vm);     (1)*
        if (isDefaultNic != null) {
            profile.setDefaultNic(
isDefaultNic);
        }

*ExtenalGuestNetworkGuru.java*

    @Override
   * public NicProfile allocate(Network config, NicProfile nic,
VirtualMachineProfile<? extends VirtualMachine> vm) throws
InsufficientVirtualNetworkCapcityException,
            InsufficientAddressCapacityException* {

        if
(_networkModel.networkIsConfiguredForExternalNetworking(config.getDataCenterId(),
config.getId()) && nic != null && nic.getRequestedIpv4() != null) {
            throw new CloudRuntimeException("Does not support custom ip
allocation at this time: " + nic);
        }

        NicProfile profile = super.allocate(config, nic, vm);

        *boolean _isEnabled =
Boolean.parseBoolean(_configDao.getValue(Config.OvsTunnelNetwork.key()));
(2)
        if (_isEnabled) {
            return null;
        }*

        if
(_networkModel.networkIsConfiguredForExternalNetworking(config.getDataCenterId(),
config.getId())) {
            profile.setStrategy(ReservationStrategy.Start);
            /* We won't clear IP address, because router may set gateway as
it IP, and it would be updated properly later */
            //profile.setIp4Address(null);
            profile.setGateway(null);
            profile.setNetmask(null);
        }

        return profile;
    }*

*
The return from (1) is NULL, because at (2) *sdn.ovs.controller* set to
true. So profile = NULL and then we get NullPointerException error in the
next step.

This error prevents me to deployVM using GRE isolation method. If I set *
sdn.ovs.controller* = false, no error anymore but can't using GRE.

How can I fix this? Thanks for any help.

--

N.g.U.y.e.N.A.n.H.t.U