cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturv...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Pushback 4.2.0 Feature Freeze
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 17:36:02 GMT


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hugo Trippaers [mailto:HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com]
> Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 2:24 AM
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: RE: [VOTE] Pushback 4.2.0 Feature Freeze
> 
> -1
> 
> Extending the release will mean even more features will be packed into
> the 4.2, which already has quite  a lot of changes. The delays with 4.1
> shows that testing is a big job already and more features will make it
> worse. I'm convinced that allowing for more time in 4.2 would not
> improve the overall quality of the release and has a risk of lowering
> the quality due to a pre-freeze rush.
> 
[Animesh>] Hugo I share your concern but with this proposal all the other dates move out
by 4 weeks means. The feature proposal freeze date which was originally at 5/04 would have
been 6/1 which means we are already past that, so no new feature proposals for 4.2. Any new
feature proposal will have to be targeted for 4.3 or beyond. 

> Cheers,
> 
> Hugo
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Musayev, Ilya [mailto:imusayev@webmd.net]
> > Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2013 6:33 AM
> > To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: [VOTE] Pushback 4.2.0 Feature Freeze
> >
> > +1 for freeze request for 1-2 weeks. We've developed advanced password
> > management features for IsWest  and would like to merge it in as per
> > Claytons approval.
> >
> >
> > -------- Original message --------
> > From: Wei ZHOU <ustcweizhou@gmail.com>
> > Date:
> > To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: [VOTE] Pushback 4.2.0 Feature Freeze
> >
> >
> > -0
> >
> > Change to -0 as I suggest to wait for the merge of existing review
> > requests in days (48 or 72 hours).
> >
> > -Wei
> >
> >
> > 2013/5/31 Wei ZHOU <ustcweizhou@gmail.com>
> >
> > > -1
> > > Almost all new features for 4.2 have been merged or being reviewed.
> > > From now, we'd better donot accept new feature review requests,and
> > > create 4.2 branch after committing existed requests in short time.
> > >
> > > -Wei
> > >
> > > 2013/5/31, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com>:
> > > > Following our discussion on the proposal to push back the feature
> > > > freeze date for 4.2.0 [1], we have not yet achieved a clear
> consensus.
> > Well...
> > > > we have already defined the "project rules" for figuring out what
> to do.
> > > > In out project by-laws [2], we have defined a "release plan"
> > > > decision as
> > > > follows:
> > > >
> > > >> 3.4.2. Release Plan
> > > >>
> > > >> Defines the timetable and work items for a release. The plan also
> > > >> nominates a Release Manager.
> > > >>
> > > >> A lazy majority of active committers is required for approval.
> > > >>
> > > >> Any active committer or PMC member may call a vote. The vote must
> > > >> occur on a project development mailing list.
> > > >
> > > > And our lazy majority is defined as:
> > > >
> > > >> 3.2.2. Lazy Majority - A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding  1
> > > >> votes and more binding  1 votes than binding -1 votes.
> > > >
> > > > Our current plan is the starting point, so this VOTE is a vote to
> > > > change the current plan.  We require a 72 hour window for this
> > > > vote, so IMO we
> > > are
> > > > in an odd position where the feature freeze date is at least
> > > > extended
> > > until
> > > >
> > > > Tuesday of next week.
> > > >
> > > > Our current plan of record for 4.2.0 is at [3].
> > > >
> > > > [1] http://markmail.org/message/vi3nsd2yo763kzua
> > > > [2] http://s.apache.org/csbylaws
> > > > [3]
> > > > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Cloudstack
> > > > 4.2
> > > Release
> > > >
> > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > > >
> > > > I'd like to call a VOTE on the following:
> > > >
> > > > Proposal: Extend the feature freeze date for our 4.2.0 feature
> > > > release from today (2013-05-31) to 2013-06-28.  All other dates
> > > > following the feature freeze date in the plan would be pushed out
> > > > 4
> > weeks as well.
> > > >
> > > > Please respond with one of the following:
> > > >
> > > >  1 : change the plan as listed above
> > > >  /-0 : no strong opinion, but leaning   or -
> > > > -1 : do not change the plan
> > > >
> > > > This vote will remain open until Tuesday morning US eastern time.
> > > >
> > > > -chip
> > > >
> > >

Mime
View raw message