cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Burwell <jburw...@basho.com>
Subject Re: Resource Management/Allocation for CS
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 12:56:58 GMT
Pouya,

What problem/issue/enhancements do you have in mind?

If you are attending CloudStack Collab 2013, I will speaking on this topic on Monday @ 2:30
(How to Run from a Zombie: CloudStack Distributed Process Management).  My slides will be
available online after the talk as well.

Thanks,
-John

On Jun 21, 2013, at 8:47 AM, Linux TUX <azgil.info@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does anybody can tell me which parts of CloudStack's source code are related to its Resource
Allocation (RA) process?
> By RA, I mean the part of code that is responsible for VM migration or process migration,
if there is any.
> As you know, there are two kinds of RA, to wit: 1) server side such as VM migration,
or 2) client side such as clients' proprietary schedulers.
> Furthermore, client side's RA's success is dependent on knowing sever side's RA very
well.

> So, since i am interested to work on RA of CloudStack, if, with regard to the above information,
you have any idea, please tell me?
> Also, if your are working on it, please let me know. Finally, it would be really approciated
if you tell me which parts of the source code