cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Han,Meng" <meng...@ufl.edu>
Subject Re: [GSOC] Community Bonding Period
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 20:52:38 GMT
Hi all,

My name is Meng Han. I am a Computer Engineering student at University
of Florida. I am interested in distributed computing, autonomic
computing, Hadoop framework and virtualization techonologies.

I will be working on the project -Improve CloudStack Support in Apache
Whirr and Incubator-provisioner to created hadoop clusters. As implied
in the title this goal of this project is to enable Hadoop provisioning
on CloudStack via Apache Whirr and Provisionr. Also I will add a Query
API  that is compatible with Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR) to
CloudStack. Through this API, all hadoop provisioning functionality will
be exposed and users can reuse cloud clients that are written for EMR to
create and manage hadoop clusters on CloudStack based clouds. Full
proposal can be found
here:http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/kyrameng/1

I have created my accounts on JIRA, review board, Github and wiki.

IRC nickname: meng

JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1782

Skype name: kyrameng

Wiki:https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Improving+CloudStack+Support+for+Apache+Whirr+and+Incubator-provisionr+in+Hadoop+Provisioning

So excited to join you guys :O. I really appreciate this opportunity. I
am a girl asking a lot of questions. Wish you all a productive summer!

Cheers,
Meng