cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC] cloudstack-agent service and "unable to add host"
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 18:54:46 GMT
Meng,

I am not sure where you stand on this, but you should not use VLANs.

Just setup a basic zone (no vlans needed) , use the packages from the repository and don't
even try to compile from source.

All information should be in the installation guide (not the quick install guide, which is
not valid for 4.1).

This script might help you:
http://simonljb123.wordpress.com/2013/05/22/installation-of-cloudstack-4-0-kvm-hypervisor-host-with-onekey/

but this is only for 4.0. In 4.1 the package names have changed from cloud- to cloudstack-

I will do an install on monday and get back with you (have not done an install in a while).

-sebastien

On Jun 24, 2013, at 10:53 PM, "Han,Meng" <menghan@ufl.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In the CloudStack installation guides(both 4.0 and 4.1), it says that we need to install
cloud-agent.
> (http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Installation_Guide/hypervisor-kvm-install-flow.html#hypervisor-host-install-agent)
>
> However I could not find this package. Instead I found a directory named "agent" in the
CloudStack master branch.

cloud agent :http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.2/html/Quick_Install_Guide/sect-qig-KVM-Installation.html
> What configuration do I need to make to the cloud agent? It seems to me at least  we
should told the agent which bridges the VMs are connected to. There is a script called "cloud-setup-agent"
under the agent directory. Should we use this to configure the agent?

> I have stuck on these question for a couple of days. I seems to grab pieces from every
installation guide I can find to make things through :(

> Also in the network configuration part: http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Installation_Guide/hypervisor-kvm-install-flow.html#hypervisor-host-install-network
>
> We assume that the hypervisor has one NIC (eth0) with three tagged VLAN's:
>
>    VLAN 100 for management of the hypervisor
>    VLAN 200 for public network of the instances (cloudbr0)
>    VLAN 300 for private network of the instances (cloudbr1)
>
> I am not allowed to use tagged VLANs on campus, which means my VMs will not be able to
connect to internet. Is there anyway to work around this? Can we use a "flat" network structure?