cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "SuichII, Christopher" <Chris.Su...@netapp.com>
Subject Re: Cannot log in to fresh install as admin
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:45:31 GMT
I have another installation that is up and running fine, so I copied the hashed admin password
into the new installation's database an set the state to enabled. Now attempting to log in
produces this popup in the UI:

"The given command does not exist or it is not available for user"

Any thoughts?

-Chris

On Jun 18, 2013, at 11:04 AM, "SuichII, Christopher" <Chris.Suich@netapp.com> wrote:

> Nope. I just pulled, clean installed and deployed the db this morning.
>
> -Chris
>
> On Jun 18, 2013, at 10:58 AM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM, SuichII, Christopher
>> <Chris.Suich@netapp.com> wrote:
>>> I've created a fresh install of CS 4.2 with source from git, however when I attempt
to log in, the following is logged:

>>> WARN  [server.auth.SHA256SaltedUserAuthenticator] (1774710861@qtp-1102259485-4:)
The stored password for admin isn't in the right format for this authenticator
>>> INFO  [cloud.user.AccountManagerImpl] (1774710861@qtp-1102259485-4:) User admin
in domain ROOT is disabled/locked (or account is disabled/locked)

>>> I handle the second issue by updating the state either in developer-prefill.sql
or in the database itself. However, I'm less knowledgeable about the password hash and salting.
Is there something I have done wrong or not set up properly?