cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Francois Gaudreault <fgaudrea...@cloudops.com>
Subject Auto-scaling won't scale down
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 20:13:51 GMT
Hi,

So I tried the AutoScaling on our setup today, and while it's working
fine to scale up, it won't scale down.  We are on CS 4.1.0 nonoss with
NetScaler 10.1 build 112.15.

I configured a Scale Up policy to trigger when servers are under 30% CPU
idle for a duration of 60sec, and Scale Down policy to trigger when
servers are over 40% CPU idle for a duration of 120secs.  I configured
the AutoScaling to have a minimum of 1 machine, and a maximum of 3.

I do see the SNMP calls coming from the NetScaler, and the response.

Did I configured it wrong? Let me know what you need for troubleshooting.

Thanks!

--
Francois Gaudreault
fgaudreault@cloudops.com