cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From France <mailingli...@isg.si>
Subject CS 3.0.2 -> 4.1.0 upgrade instruction fail
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2013 14:23:24 GMT
Hi all,

there are many errors in release notes for upgrade form CS 3.0.2 to 4.0.1.
Here are just a few, from the top of my head. I suggest you correct them.

1. Location of config files is not at /etc/cloud/ but rather at
/etc/cloudstack now.
2. components.xml is nowhere to be found in /etc/cloudstack
3. server.xml generation failed, because i had enabled ssl in it. It
required me to generate them from scratch.
4. There were no instructions for enabling https, anywhere. I had to fix
server.xml and tomcat6.xml to use my certificate.
5. cloud-sysvmadm is nonexistent. I think there is cloudstack-sys.. Also
switches are wrong.
6. Python and bash scripts are now located
/usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/vm/hypervisor/xenserver/xenserver60/ instead
of /usr/lib64/cloud/common/ scripts/vm/hypervisor/
xenserver/xenserver60/ as documentation would tell you.
7. for pbd in `xe pbd-list currently-attached=false| grep ^uuid | awk
'{print $NF}'`; do xe pbd-plug uuid=$pbd ; doesn't work:
[root@x1 ~]# for pbd in `xe pbd-list currently-attached=false| grep
^uuid | awk '{print $NF}'`; do xe pbd-plug uuid=$pbd

there is also issue with console proxy not working after the upgrade,
but i'll send another mail for that.

Regards,
F.